cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing dropbox email

Changing dropbox email

Split2ndReality
Explorer | Level 3
Hello all, i have a problem. So i have a few accounts. Some accounts are fine. However on certain accounts, ive lost access to the email and i did not verify them. Meaning that i cant change the emails now since its asks me to verify the the lost emails. Is there a way for me to prove that im the owner of the accounts so dropbox lets me change them? I still have access to the accounts. Just not my emails so i cant change to new email. Also Im a basic user meaning i can only have 1 email linked to an account. Is the only solution changing my account to premium or basic so i can add secondary emails? I remember an issue about passwords expiring. What if my password expires and i cant even access my email to change my password? Basically it would become inactive and uaccesible acounts.Maybe i should just delete the files and accounts for the accounts that i cant change email or password since password reset is also sent to the email. Anything from like deleting the account or changing emails requires access to the old emails which i cant access.
5 Replies 5

Re: Changing dropbox email

Mark
Super User II

There isnt a way to do this no. 

I suggest immediately downloading all data and setting up new accounts with emails you have access to. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Split2ndReality
Explorer | Level 3
That is why im here. I noticed you are a super user. Is there a way for me to prove im the owner of the accounts? Like showing ive used the same devices, wifi or mobile data. Will customer support help me?So they can let me change my email? i know its a lost cause but im still gonna try anyway.

Split2ndReality
Explorer | Level 3
How come i can't find any customer support to email and get a case number? Also no one from customer support actually replied here? Should i post on a more active forum post? This is pretty frustrating.

Mark
Super User II

You can contact support. They will say the same. They have posted on here exactly the same before. 

Without access to. the email the only thing you can do is change to a new account. 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-tips-tricks/I-lost-access-to-my-email-address-how-do-I-sign-...

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Split2ndReality
Explorer | Level 3
i already did what you suggested. Deleting them and moving them somewhere else. Nothing lost if i cant use the accounts but i will try anyway. So i saw the link you sent and elsewhere. That you need a device logged in if your password expired even though mine isnt expired yet. I still have access and can log in to all my accounts . Found a way to email dropbox support without a paid or business account. Use incognito and click account sign in problems. I saw you and others posted it other forums. That was my question asking how to contact them but like you said its pretty much pointless. Will try anyway. I will email dropbox support they should be able to help me from there.Or i should try to contact 1 of the community dropboxers directly in anothet forum post. Maybe they can make my password expire while im logged in so i can add new email and password. Read that you can add a new email if have a device signed in. Also I didnt see anywhere that you can use mobile phone or phone 4 digit password lock to regain access to your account. They should really add account recovery or password change with mobile phone option.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Split2ndReality Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?