Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changing email address associated with DB account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I have recently changed my email address and trying to update it. I have followed the instructions in the Help Centre by logging in, finding the avatar, going to profile but do not find anywhere to change my email address. I tried the second option it says to do where my email may not have been varified, but also cant find anywhere to do this/

Am I seriously missing something or is there a trick I dont know of?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Changing email address associated with DB account

Super User II
Super User II

You can change your email address on your Account page. Scroll down to where is says Personal email and then click Edit on the right side of that line.

c548bad363ec72421930756732a6e500.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You can change your email address on your Account page. Scroll down to where is says Personal email and then click Edit on the right side of that line.

c548bad363ec72421930756732a6e500.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issue. I see where to change the personal email, exactly as Rich indicates, and the change boxes show up, along with a line to verify my account password, but there is no "save" or "change email" button to be seen... anywhere! The screen is static -- no way to make this action happen.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Make sure you dont have any ad-blockers or popup blockers installed Mcttt

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks! I did not, but I tried the email change feature again later in the day, and it worked. The required buttons appeared and worked fine. Evidently, my account needed some time to update or something.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

So now that you have changed your email address within DropBox, did anything else change? You still have access to all of your previous folders, etc within DropBox?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, that's right. All is as it was, but now my account is associated with the email account I wish for it to be associated with.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for being part of our community. I’m glad that you were able to get this worked out! 

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I can not even find the setting button on my page!

All I am trying to do is change my email address.  the previous answers just aren't getting me to any radio buttons or choices.  
Can you help me?

Thanks

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Ok, per the usual, I just found it.  When you say click on the icon perhaps specify which one.  I was clicking on the DropBox icon all along.  Thanks anyway

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?