cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email address

Changing email address

laukat
New member | Level 2

Hi All,  I want to change my Email address. However, it is not possible as my old email account is deleted already 4 years ago so I cannot click on any confirmation email etc. Do you have any idea how I can change it to my actual email account? Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Changing email address

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @laukat, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Can you please let me know if you've tried changing your account's email address through your account's settings online?

If you're getting an error along the way, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

laukat
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

thank u for your reply. I tried it as you described. Attached you find a screenshot. The problem (as explained) is that my old email account 641813@hdh.nl is not active anymore. So how can I convert this to my actual account lauraXXX@gmx.de?

Thanks,

Laura

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-19 um 09.48.43.png

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@laukat wrote:
... The problem (as explained) is that my old email account 641813@hdh.nl is not active anymore. ...

Hi @laukat,

😃🙂 "The problem (as explained) is that" (as mentioned on your screenshot) you haven't confirmed your new email! 😉 There are 2 fields where you must fill your new email twice. That's set cousa prevent possible misspelled email and following troubles, just opposite of fill 2 different emails.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    laukat New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?