cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

Changing the e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

jhromer
New member | Level 2

I wish to change my e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address. When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!). Please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: changing e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

Rich
Super User II

@jhromer wrote:

When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!)

As youv'e discovered, that means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address.

Well, it seems that somehow I have two accounts, one with old gmail.com adress that I cancelled years ago and one with my new myfairpoint.net address. How do I get rid of the old, useless one?

Sign into the old account (reset the password if needed) and then delete the account from your Account page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: changing e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

jhromer
New member | Level 2

Well, it seems that somehow I have two accounts, one with old gmail.com adress that I cancelled years ago and one with my new myfairpoint.net address. How do I get rid of the old, useless one?

Rich
Super User II

@jhromer wrote:

When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!)

As youv'e discovered, that means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address.

Sign into the old account (reset the password if needed) and then delete the account from your Account page.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    jhromer New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?