cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changing the e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I wish to change my e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address. When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!). Please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: changing e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

Super User II
Super User II

@jhromer wrote:

When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!)

As youv'e discovered, that means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address.

Well, it seems that somehow I have two accounts, one with old gmail.com adress that I cancelled years ago and one with my new myfairpoint.net address. How do I get rid of the old, useless one?

Sign into the old account (reset the password if needed) and then delete the account from your Account page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: changing e-mail address from one I no longer use to my current e-mail address

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Well, it seems that somehow I have two accounts, one with old gmail.com adress that I cancelled years ago and one with my new myfairpoint.net address. How do I get rid of the old, useless one?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@jhromer wrote:

When I try to do this, Dropbox won't allow me to, because the e-mail address is already being used (by me!)

As youv'e discovered, that means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address.

Sign into the old account (reset the password if needed) and then delete the account from your Account page.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?