cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge verification

Charge verification

sdipp
New member | Level 2

I need to verify the email associated with a charge on my credit card but the tool on the website it's not working for me. When I speak with the bot I can't find any helpful answer and it says representatives are only available for paid accounts. What can I do? I need help.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: Charge verification

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @sdipp; welcome to our Community!

May I ask if you've tried our self-served look-up tool after clearing your browser's cache or another browser?

If you get the same results, please send us a screenshot of the error (or the last screen) you get so we can then advise further.

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sdipp19
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, yes I've tried clearing everything and still get the same error.

Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot @sdipp19.

In this case, I can suggest submitting a ticket with our billing team, so they can help you with identifying the charge.

To do this, please fill out the relevant info on this page.

You can let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #1234567), so I can pass along the info you already provided here.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sdipp19
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne 

However,  I can't fill that form because I'm trying to figure out what's the email address associated with that charge, and in the form they ask me to provide that email address (which I don't have).

Is there another way to do this? I sent an email to support earlier today. This is the ticker number:  #11871559

Daphne
Dropboxer

You'd need to put in an email address that you have access to so that you can receive the reply from the team, @sdipp19

For the first option "I want to look up information relating to:", you can choose "Other" and enter your email address.

Providing that the billing details that you provide are correct, the team should be able to assist you with identifying the account the charge is associated with.

Also, did you send a direct email, or from the page I linked above?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?