cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Help ? No Help

Chat Help ? No Help

norselion
Explorer | Level 3

Today I had the misfortune of wasting 30 minutes of the precious time I have left to live trying in vain to receive some semblance of help from a person or persons that I wrongly assumed would know what they were doing, So here is the help I received.

Hi! Can I help you find the right Dropbox plan?

Emma

Due to renew in October 2021 but have received an attractive offer from a competitor. What is the best annual fee for 2TB+ Storage + 365 File restore?

Me

Hi, I am Nigel from Dropbox for Business,

May I please confirm your email and your phone number..Thanks

Dropbox plus is of 2Tb

https://www.dropbox.com/buy/plus thats the plan £95.88 Dropbox Plus

Nigel

I have Dropbox Plus however, I find it is still very restrictive for such a large fee. I pay extra for the 365 day restore facility which is included in the offer I received from a competitor

I am a personal user so do not require all the extras. All I need is storage, sharing and file recovery

I have been a loyal customer for many years and enjoyed the personal facilities but now but have found that Dropbox has veered more towards business and I feel that I am paying a hefty fee to subsidise this

Anyone there?

Me

I will do my best to forward you to our team in support as they would help you as you been with us for a long time

I will do my best

What is a convenient time you can be contacted please

Nigel

Anytime now but before 6pm

Me

Okay noted, i can also give you a direct link to them

This is the direct link to the support team https://www.dropbox.com/support Please follow it, and you will be contacted as soon as possible. billing issue : https://www.dropbox.com/support /billing-issues To get connected on the links mentioned please disconnect this chat so you get connected to the other department

But you would have to disconnect from here and open it in a seperate window for the support chat

Nigel

Will that be automatic connect?

Me

I will forward this to them as well

Nigel

Ok bye

Me

Thank you, i will forward to to them

Thank you for contacting Dropbox Business Take care!! There’s a quick survey once the chat ends, let me know how I'm doing! Have a great day ahead !:slightly_smiling: Thanks Nigel

Nigel

So from Emma & Nigel whom I was asking for a new deal on an existing package I was then transferred to Maria ??

Maria 

Hi How can I help you 

Me

(Copied and pasted above into chat box)

Have you received the above transcript?

Maria

No 

Maria
So you want to cancel your subscription?

Me NO I DO NOT

Maria 

Do you want it cancelled immediately or on the renewal date?

Me

I do not want to cancel

Maria

What date then would you like it to be cancelled?

Me

I DO NOT WANT TO CANCEL I WOULD LIKE TO NEGOTIATE A NEW DEAL.

Maria

This is the cancellation department so I'll transfer you to new business.

Me

I am not "New Business" I am an existing Customer .

Maria

So do you want to cancel then?

At this I gave up and put the loss of 30 minutes of my life down to yet more bureaucratic time wasting by businesses who have become so large they have now forgotten where their business started. I have been a customer of Dropbox since its beginning and it's now veered more to supporting big business and in my opinion they cannot be bothered with petty personal accounts belonging to individuals whom they don't really need or care about now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Chat Help ? No Help

Mark
Super User II

Oh dear, it seems there grasp of English isnt the best 😞

Unfortunately, what I will say to save you the pain of it again is that the plans are the prices you see on the site. There are no loyalty bonuses/discounted or offers available. The pricing is the same to everybody without any negotiation etc. It isnt like dealing with Virgin Mobile, BT or O2 etc. where you can argue for want of a better phrase for lower prices. 

Thankfully the flip side is that it is a free market and you can of course jump ship to OneDrive / GoogleDrive etc. if you so wish. 

Two words of warning though - if you ARE moving elsewhere make sure you cancel before the renewal date. You keep all your current plan details until then BUT cannot get a refund if the plan renews. The other thing just to point out is if you DO cancel you cannot at all get the 365 day recovery back if you ever return (even if you pay extra for it now). That product is no longer available. The maximum now is a standard recovery window of 180 days. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Chat Help ? No Help

Mark
Super User II

Oh dear, it seems there grasp of English isnt the best 😞

Unfortunately, what I will say to save you the pain of it again is that the plans are the prices you see on the site. There are no loyalty bonuses/discounted or offers available. The pricing is the same to everybody without any negotiation etc. It isnt like dealing with Virgin Mobile, BT or O2 etc. where you can argue for want of a better phrase for lower prices. 

Thankfully the flip side is that it is a free market and you can of course jump ship to OneDrive / GoogleDrive etc. if you so wish. 

Two words of warning though - if you ARE moving elsewhere make sure you cancel before the renewal date. You keep all your current plan details until then BUT cannot get a refund if the plan renews. The other thing just to point out is if you DO cancel you cannot at all get the 365 day recovery back if you ever return (even if you pay extra for it now). That product is no longer available. The maximum now is a standard recovery window of 180 days. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?