cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 2 accounts

Highlighted

Combining 2 accounts

New member | Level 2

I have 2 seperate accounts. One is out of space and the other has almost 1 TB of room left. How do I merge these 2 accouts into 1. I own both accounts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Combining 2 accounts

Super User

Hello...

Have you read through this Help Center article that explains how to handle upgrading the wrong account or transferring Pro storage to another account?  If not, be sure to start there.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User

Hello...

Have you read through this Help Center article that explains how to handle upgrading the wrong account or transferring Pro storage to another account?  If not, be sure to start there.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
I have read through this but it does not answer my problem. I have 2 accounts with 2 different email addresses. Several years ago this happened when I changed from an old prodigy email address to a gmail address. I didn't realize at the time that when I logged into dropbox from the new account it actually gave me a new Dropbox account. I have referred lots of people but now I need to merge all my storage togetherand delete the old account.
Neither acccount will let me change my email address, (it tells me that that email is already in use) and I need all the storage that I have earned to be on the newer gmail address. Is there anyway I can make this happen?
I use an iMac,
Highlighted

Super User II
You cant merge accounts and quotas I'm afraid.

The link given is how you need to do it, but, remember you need a third email address to do it with (so you swap email 1 with email 3 and then rotate them around).

So, choose which account has the most quota and put the email address you want to keep on that one and get rid of the old one.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

The account with the  most storage is the old prodigy account.  If I delete the gmail account, would I then be able to change the email on the prodigy account to my gmail?  Or, If I am understanding this correctly, I most likely would be told that the gmail is already in use by another user?

I hope that makes sense.  

I do like dropbox and recommend it all the time and send large files or tons of photos back and forth to my relatives.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Super User II
Yes. If you delete the gmail one you can then reuse that email with the Prodigy account. Make sure that you move all your data out of the gmail account before deleting it though.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Thanks!
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have 2 accounts at different E-mail accounts.  How can I transfer the files from one to the other, or can I 

Highlighted

Super User II
Use a shared folder to move the data: https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/share-with-others

Note, however, you will need enough space on both accounts to hold the share.

- - -

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

this link does not work. Takes me back to teh support home page, not to any specific article

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?