cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent password issue - I have to reset my password every time I login to Dropbox.

Consistent password issue - I have to reset my password every time I login to Dropbox.

DarianZam
Explorer | Level 3

Does anyone know what the deal is with this problem: Every time I log in I get a notification my password is incorrect, so I have to reset it;  to the same one and get into my account. It is almost routine at this point but tedious and Dropbox used to stay logged in for long periods and now doesn't. Thuis means that every day you're resetting a pass as well as going through the incredibly tedious verification process they have enabled which means 6-10 steps, if you get them all right the first time. Using Dropbox has become utterly tedious and a hassle (I suspect that's what they want). Interested if others have the same issue; I've had 2 tickets with customer service and it was temporarily resolved one time and then back to square one.

5 Replies 5

Re: Consistent password issue

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @DarianZam, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

From what you mentioned, this is occurring when signing in via the website, correct?

Can you let me know if you get the same "incorrect password" error when using an incognito browsing window, or another web browser?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DarianZam
Explorer | Level 3

Neither of those things make any difference, nor does clearance of cookies/data. Tried it before. Thanks.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking on that @DarianZam!

So that we can look into this in more detail, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here via our Support channel.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we can go from there - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DarianZam
Explorer | Level 3

Great work guys, you switch the 'conversation' (there wasn't one) to my personal account and after several back and forths where nothing even gets discussed regarding the problem, you shut it down and close the ticket. This is the second go round trying to solve this issue which has no been going on foir months, which you clearly have zero knowledge of and cannot solve then you shut people down in a passive aggressive way before it's even investigated at all. Uselss and time wasters.

---

Edgar, Dec 2, 2020, 2:59 PM PST:

Hi Darian, 

Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support.

Your support options depend on what kind of account you have. To see the support options for your account, sign in and go to https://dropbox.com/support. Your query today can be supported by our help center, chatbot, or our community; this ticket will be closed now.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for giving me a shout here @DarianZam, apologies for the confusion caused by this!

I've just created a new ticket for you, so please check your inbox for this. 

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience and I'll be monitoring your case closely from my side too.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?