cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Phone #

Wendy8
Explorer | Level 4

Has ANYBODY had any success contacting customer support ??  I just get sent in circles and and don't seem to have access to a phone # OR and email. My account says I have a "basic" account but they just charged my CC $119 and I can't contact them ?? My husband just found a # will give it a try ...everybody else who has had issues feel free to use it as well and blow them up until you get results !! 1-800-620-5395

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Wendy8, thanks for posting today.

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions. The number you have is for the Business sales team.

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

negative_ghostrider
New member | Level 2

This is still a very prominent issue. My account associated with this email address & the user community is a free account, yet I am getting charged $119.88 to a random account. I entered the 12-digit transaction ID from my credit card, but it must be using an old and expired version of my credit card.

How is it possible that you can't simply help stop fraudulent charges? Stop billing me. This is ridiculous.

negative_ghostrider
New member | Level 2

I have a free basic account, but I am still getting charged $119.88.

My assumption is that the charge is coming from a different account, one that I either do not have access to or a fraudulent one creating my someone else.

I have tried entering the 12-digit transaction ID to find the account, per Dropbox's instructions, but it says my credit card information does not match. So, my old and expired credit card information is being used on an account I can not access, and Dropbox decided that was an acceptable form of payment.

I even tried filing a ticket with American Express, but they can't guarantee that blocking Dropbox entirely as a vendor will work.

How is it that Dropbox can't provide a simple ounce of helpful support to stop fraudulent and unwanted charges? Is there not one human in the entirely organization who can simply look up the account associated with this transaction, so I can end it?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @negative_ghostrider, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May we reach out via email to have a further look internally? 

Let us know and we'll use the email address that's associated with your profile here, on our Community.

Otherwise, you could log a ticket with our team through this form. Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant information along with an email address we can reach you at. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    negative_ghostrider New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?