cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting a live representative for the company to help with regaining access to my account.

Highlighted

Contacting a live representative for the company to help with regaining access to my account.

Explorer | Level 3

I opened a drop box account with another email about 12 years ago. It has my resume in it. Someone changed the password on my e-mail and my drop box and some of my other accounts. So, I need to speak with someone who can either fix that or transfer my records to this drop box.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Contacting a live representative for tge company

Dropboxer

Hello there @G10k12k3k3, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

If you'd like to reach out to our Support team, you can submit a ticket by filling out the info under the "Submit a help request" section on this page.

Please make sure to not be signed into Dropbox with another account when opening the link to see the relevant options. 

However, if you no longer have access to the email address, it makes it difficult to regain access to the account as the email is used to verify account ownership.

Let me know if you have any questions, or trouble submitting a ticket!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Companies illegal activity.

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.. But I do believe their were security questions. And it seems to me that Yahoo and drop box are refusing to give me those security options and locking me out of my accounts on purpose. Which is extremely illegal.. And now time stamped in computer memory. So.. Someone needs to fix this issue before there is a bigger issue.
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I clicked the link to that topic. It gave me the job description of the customer service not a way to contact them.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @G10k12k3k3.

It sounds rather strange what you mentioned there. Can you confirm you opened the below link when signed out of Dropbox or via an incognito window?

https://www.dropbox.com/support/sign-in-issues

If you still don't see the "Submit a help request" section, please send me a screenshot of what you do see.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?