cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Personal to Business Dropbox

Highlighted

Convert Personal to Business Dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, 

I current have a Personal Dropbox Plus Account and was thinking about moving to a Dropbox Business. 

How easy is the process of changing to a Dropbox Business plan? Are there any risks I should consider? 

Thanks for your help! 

Cheers,

Syed [personal information removed]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Convert Personal to Business Dropbox

Dropboxer
Hey Syed (@SyedHusaini), for starters it would be worth noting that Dropbox Business team accounts are intended for collaborative use & that’s the reason why each account comes with a minimum of 3 seats. The upgrade process is seamless & you could easily check back on the features that match your current needs on this resource. From there, you could check our available plans here &- if needed- discuss the option that would best suit your needs with our Sales team

To my mind, it would be best for you to send team invites using work email addresses instead of personal addresses. Regardless, once you upgrade to a team account, you can easily browse through our resources & become a pro in no time. 

Hopefully this answers your questions & please do keep me updated on this discussion if you have more questions or thoughts. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey Syed (@SyedHusaini), for starters it would be worth noting that Dropbox Business team accounts are intended for collaborative use & that’s the reason why each account comes with a minimum of 3 seats. The upgrade process is seamless & you could easily check back on the features that match your current needs on this resource. From there, you could check our available plans here &- if needed- discuss the option that would best suit your needs with our Sales team

To my mind, it would be best for you to send team invites using work email addresses instead of personal addresses. Regardless, once you upgrade to a team account, you can easily browse through our resources & become a pro in no time. 

Hopefully this answers your questions & please do keep me updated on this discussion if you have more questions or thoughts. Thanks!

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the quick response.

The next question I have is, if I switch to a Dropbox Business account and I am currently sharing files with more than 5 other people with Dropbox Plus Accounts, how will they be affected in this process? Would they also need to be converted to Dropbox Business accounts?

Cheers, 

Syed

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me & apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch with you on my end Syed (@SyedHusaini), let’s take it from where we’ve left off! 

Your folderstructure & established sharing settings & permissions will not be affected in any way during the upgrade Syed, though there’s some decision-making involved when it comes to your team organization, as you could invite some of your colleagues to your team. While they will not necessarily need to work on a Business account, it’s still an option you could take into consideration moving forward. 

Let me know if you have more questions about any of the above & it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify on this discussion here. Have a wonderful weekend ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?