cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period - please help

Highlighted

Cooling off period - please help

New member | Level 2

I've made a mistake.

I have not used dropbox in over 3 years, and the yearly subscription came out today. £95.88 that I cannot afford as I have had all my work cancelled and am self employed. Why is there no cooling off period? I desperately need this money back and hope Dropbox can show a bit off compassion. Please can someone advise.

Thank you, and apologies for my tardiness.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Cooling off period - please help

Not applicable

Hello @emilyparker1980!

In most cases, subscriptions for Plus, Professional, and Business are Non-Refundable. There are a few cases, in which you may be able to receive a refund, though. They are listed below: 

Contact Customer Support

If you think there’s been an error in billing, please contact, https://www.dropbox.com/support and they’ll work with you to find a solution. 

Apple App Store

If you purchased your Dropbox subscription through the Apple app store, you'll have to request your refund from Apple directly.

To request a refund, follow these instructions from the Apple support page:

1. Sign in to your App Store account here and report a problem with a purchase. 
  2. Click Report a Problem next to the Dropbox app. 
  3. Choose a problem, write a description, and click Submit. 
  4. Apple will contact you with a decision on your refund request.

Note: Apple only accepts refund requests for purchases made within the last 90 days.

Google Play

If you purchased your subscription through Google Play, you'll have to request your refund from Google directly.

To request a refund, follow these instructions from the Google support page:

1. Visit this link to view your Google Play account. 
  2. Under Order History, click More to the right of Dropbox.
  3. Select Request a refund or Report a problem.
  4. Choose a problem, write a description, and click Submit.
  5. You should get an email with your refund decision within two business days.

Direct Debit Payment

If you paid for your Dropbox subscription with a direct debit payment, please contact your bank for a refund as only your bank can process a chargeback request.

Live in E.U or Turkey

If you live in the E.U. or Turkey, you’re eligible for a refund if you cancel your Dropbox Plus or Professional subscription within 14 days of purchase. Please contact DropBox at, https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/billing_and_payments/submit

How to Cancel your Subscription

Some of the steps provided above, require you to cancel your subscription, to receive a refund. Below, are step by step instructions on how to cancel your subscription. 

If you originally subscribed through iTunes or Google Play (with a phone or tablet)

Learn how to downgrade to a Basic plan if you signed up with a phone or tablet through iTunes (Apple) or Google Play (Android).

If you subscribed with a desktop computer or laptop (through dropbox.com)

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your profile picture or grey circle in the upper-right corner. 
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Plan tab. 
  5. Click Cancel plan at the bottom of the page.
  6. Scroll down, and click I still want to downgrade.
  7. Select the reason why you want to cancel. 
  8. Click Continue.
  9. Scroll down, and click I still want to downgrade.
Highlighted

Re: Cooling off period - please help

Super User II

The reason there isnt a cooling off period is because Dropbox, like most services, email you numerous times before renewal happens to tell you they are about to do so.

You can then also track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?