cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't cancel - such a mess of a process

Highlighted

Couldn't cancel - such a mess of a process

Explorer | Level 3

ON 25th Oct I'd made a note to cancel my subscription after using someone else to help manage files. After and hour of going round in circles I was not able and then charged. When I checked how payment was made to the email account used, it stated there was no payment card associated to the account. I then was directed to use the app, and check google pay and again no card connected.

I then went through old accounts in case some form of linking had taken place and on another account, I found 3 cards which I removed and then when I checked my cc card account i'd been charged.

I have subscribed to over 200 accounts and I can honestly state this is the worst UI/UX for this process. You'd think DB was trying to stop you from cancelling. I've challenged the payment but with zero contact options with DB and the 2 hours it's taken to going through multiple help pages - this is a highly damaged relationship. Franky disgusted with the complexity of cancelling.

To this day I still don't actually know what DB accounts are trying to charge me for a service I have know now decided I can not trust and would not use again.

Very annoyed.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Couldn't cancel - such a mess of a process

Dropboxer

Hi @adtrix; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with cancelling your subscription.

If you weren't able to locate the account by using our self-served look-up tool, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so we can assist further. 

To do so, make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any account. From there, when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you.

I hope this gets resolved for you soon. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

So once again, adam... go take infinite amount of your time to solve dropbox problems we've created for you. Great narrative.

Highlighted

Super User II

@adtrix wrote:

So once again, adam... go take infinite amount of your time to solve dropbox problems we've created for you. Great narrative.

No. Walter is simply asking that you contact Support though the channel that Dropbox makes available specifically for such problems, since billing and account related issues cannot be handled on this public forum. Or would you prefer to post private information here, for the world to see?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

you're assuming I hadn't done that... when they (support) directed me to use this space. the facts remain the same - no actual help for a very poorly managed congested site with incorrect details pertaining to my account It's not on me to solve their issues. I've just received the refund confirmation so I'll gladly walk away now. I don't have time for this type of complexity - take a leaf out of the no quibble sites.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?