cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Coworker's personal dropbox somehow linked to mine

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Coworker has his own personal Dropbox account (5GB), but really only uses my dropbox account (1TB). Until today, whatever I added would sync to his dropbox, and we had gotten used to that working.  Today we discovered they had stopped syncing, and his dropbox is saying he is using 216% of his available capacity.

What's happened, and is there anyway to re-link our accounts to work the way they had before, without upgrading to buisness?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Coworker's personal dropbox somehow linked to mine

Super User II
Super User II
There is no way to 'share' an account, so, it sounds like what was actually happening was you had some shared folders between the two and that today, for whatever reason, he's now gone over the quota.

The only work around is to either remove some files and get him back below quota OR for him to upgrade - www.dropbox.com/plans as other ones are available other than Business.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
There is no way to 'share' an account, so, it sounds like what was actually happening was you had some shared folders between the two and that today, for whatever reason, he's now gone over the quota.

The only work around is to either remove some files and get him back below quota OR for him to upgrade - www.dropbox.com/plans as other ones are available other than Business.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Interesting. We're well above the quota at this point, and we need all of them in one place for the time being. It's time for the company to pony up a touch more, I'd say.

Thank you!
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
I'd also strongly say you need to be having a chat with your work place about 1 account and multiple users and that its a HUGGGGEEEEE security risk. Same as sharing log ons to the network etc.

You really need to be using 1 account each.

- - -

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Believe you me, it's a major bone of contention.
Thankfully, at least for the dropbox, it's just the two of us.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?