cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charge - unauthorised

Ryanodo88
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have received a credit card charge for a dropbox account. In going to the dropbox website i tried the credit card charge checker & have entered the last 4 didgets of the credit card, expiry and the 12 digit transaction ID number, however it keeps telling me to enter the last 4 didgets and expiry. I cannot seem to get past this despite using multiple browsers the system seems not to work

2 Replies 2

Re: Credit card charge - unauthorised

Rich
Super User II

@Ryanodo88 wrote:

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and you didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Re: Credit card charge - unauthorised

Ryanodo88
New member | Level 2

Thanks really helpful advice!!

They dont make it easy at all to contact them with a technical error, just keep refering you to a bot without any answers. Finally managed to locate the troubleshooting when i went incognito. 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?