cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit for refferal was not applied to my account

Highlighted

Credit for refferal was not applied to my account

Explorer | Level 3

I referred someone to use Dropbox (invite was activated today) but I didn't receive the promised 500MB credit from Dropbox to my account. Similar thing already happened to me in the past. I had to speak with a live rep to get the credit. However, now there is no one (live) to speak to - any suggestions?

p.s., Chatbot was useless and calling didn't do any good either.
Thank,

N   

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Credit for refferal was not applied to my account

Dropboxer

Hi @NNDR; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with receiving the extra space from a referral of yours.

As a first step, can you let me know the referral's status from the following page?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thank you for responding. (I'm sorry for the late response - I checked the box asking to get an email notification from the community if I receive a reply but I didn't get an email and only saw your message when decided to get in and follow up) I'm referring to an invite I sent to the account of [removed by moderator] back in 10/24/2012. She has been using it I think and this past week installed it on both her iphone and computer - but it still says that she needs to install it.

Please help.

Thanks,

Neot

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop Neot!

Since she's already installed the desktop app, you should have both received the additional space. 

Can you ask her for the app's exact status as shown within her computer's system tray/menu bar and double check that she's using the email address you used to refer her in the first place?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?