cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently free account; being offered 25GB for 1 year. Will this mess up my free account next year?

Highlighted

Currently free account; being offered 25GB for 1 year. Will this mess up my free account next year?

New member | Level 2

I have a free account with 7GB of space earned by the offers Dropbox provided years ago. 
I got a new laptop that is offering 25GB for 1 year. If I use that but choose not to keep it, will my original free account remain in good standing with the 7 GB I had?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Currently free account; being offered 25GB for 1 year. Will this mess up my free account next ye

Super User II

If you redeem the offer for the free 25 GB, it will be added to your existing account (be sure to sign in with the same email address as your current Dropbox account). At the end of one year, the extra space will be removed from your total storage quota. Your account will still exist, as will the other space you already earned. No files will be deleted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Currently free account; being offered 25GB for 1 year. Will this mess up my free account next ye

Super User II

If you redeem the offer for the free 25 GB, it will be added to your existing account (be sure to sign in with the same email address as your current Dropbox account). At the end of one year, the extra space will be removed from your total storage quota. Your account will still exist, as will the other space you already earned. No files will be deleted.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?