cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can someone frick*in* help me already?

Deactivate two factor authentication

Manzoor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have tried for months to get my two factor authentication deactivated but no one has had the decency from the Dropbox support to contact me!! I mean *PLEASE* JUST deactivate my authentication so I can log in like a normal human can... for gods sake.

I no longer have the devices to authenticate the two factor process so please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Manzoor wrote:
I have tried for months to get my two factor authentication deactivated ... I no longer have the devices to authenticate the two factor process so please help.

If you no longer have the authentication devices, then you'll need to use the emergency backup codes that were given to you when you enabled two-step verification. Without them, there's no way to access the account. Dropbox will not disable two-step verification.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Manzoor wrote:
I have tried for months to get my two factor authentication deactivated ... I no longer have the devices to authenticate the two factor process so please help.

If you no longer have the authentication devices, then you'll need to use the emergency backup codes that were given to you when you enabled two-step verification. Without them, there's no way to access the account. Dropbox will not disable two-step verification.

Need more support?