cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete Dropbox account

How can I cancel a free trial?

jwool1965
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I started the free trial subscription I had an Android, now I have an Iphone.  How do I cancel my free trial?

81 Replies 81

Masha1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can not cancel my free trial,I don't have an option to MAnage my plan in Plan tab. How can I cancel it without being charged?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reaching out to us here @Masha1!

Since you're not able to see the option to cancel the trial from your account settings online, it sounds like you might have started the trial from within the Dropbox mobile app. Is that right?

If so, please check out these steps and let me know if that does the trick!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Masha1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
no,I didnt install the app. I started it from my laptop

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @Masha1!

Can you let me know what your Plan tab reports your subscription to be right now? If possible, please send me a screenshot, excluding any personal info.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Masha1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Unfortunately, I cant attach files here.
Under the Current plan it's written
Dropbox Basic and on the right there's a button "Upgrade".
Then there's an info Personal dropbox space". And at the bottom Bonus type
Getting started completed 1 out of 7 steps Not finished.
Maybe my trial didnt start,cause I didnt complete those steps? It's just confusing..
Thank you,Daphne!

Sekinahkirk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Still after hours /days trying to follow the drop box instructions and there is still no option to remove this stupid app that wants my $$$. Its going to charge $15 for the most crap service ughhh I hate this app!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Sekinahkirk, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you just clarify for me, did you try the steps outlined here to try and cancel the subscription?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

MrTony
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a trial Dropbox Business team that ended, and now I want to downgrade to my personal accout that I had before. I have to contact DB since I can't do it my self, but there is no form or e-mail that I can use, I have been looking for the last hour, but to find a form to buy something took me 30 seconds...

So, can someone here tell me how to get in contact with someone that can erase my trial team, so I can delete my account for good?

//T

Casper777
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi there

Took me 15 seconds to find this. You, as the admin, need to inititate the process from the admin console in the DBX Business account. https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/plans-upgrades/convert-individual-plan

Some advice. Make a copy of your data to an external drive too. ;-). Never know...

Regards

Casper

MrTony
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the help!

I did find that page to, but in my my sense of mood I didn't read all the way 🙂

Regards

Tony

Need more support?