cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete My Participation in a Firm's Account

Highlighted

Delete My Participation in a Firm's Account

New member | Level 2

My email is [email removed by moderator]. That is my personal and only email address. I worked for a time for [company] and remain on their Dropbox account, thus making it so that I can't open a Dropbox for my personal use. I do not want access to their confidential client information, and did not leave the firm on the best of terms, so am reluctant to contact them. Can you delete me, or instruct me as to how to delete myself from this account? The admin, I believe, is [name removed]. Please help.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Delete My Participation in a Firm's Account

Super User II

@Artemis1 wrote:

Can you delete me, or instruct me as to how to delete myself from this account?

When you join a Business team, you merge your account into the businesses, effectively closing your own account. If you leave the Business team or are removed from it, your account is deleted along with all content. Instead, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. You'll need to contact the company for assistance with this.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?