cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete my account

Highlighted

Delete my account

New member | Level 2

I'm am actually really angry at this point! I want to delete my dropbox account because it is blocking some of my Apple upgrades. I get a message that dropbox prevented the automatic upgrade from installing. I tried to do it manually, but the upgrade doesn't install then either. I tried to follow the instructions to delete my account posted on another question: I clicked on my Avatar, I went to "settings" I clicked "Preferences" to get to "General"... there is no option to delete the account. I can not find an option to delte the account anywhere!! 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Delete my account

Super User II

@bahhumbug wrote:

I clicked on my Avatar, I went to "settings" I clicked "Preferences" to get to "General"... there is no option to delete the account. I can not find an option to delte the account anywhere!! 

You do this on the Dropbox website, not within the Dropbox application on your computer.

I want to delete my dropbox account because it is blocking some of my Apple upgrades. I get a message that dropbox prevented the automatic upgrade from installing.

Deleting your account won't make a difference as it's not possible for your account to cause such a thing. It's likely referring to the Dropbox application on your computer. I'm not a Mac use, but perhaps the current version of Dropbox on your computer isn't compatible with whatever upgrade you're trying to perform. Removing the Dropbox application from the comptuer would likely resolve that, and then you could reinstall a compatible version after the upgrade is complete.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?