cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Account

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

Hi Everyone!

I went through some difficult times in the last three years which led me not to enter my email for some time. In 2018 I received an email from Dropbox saying that my account had been deleted, but I could only see it today! I am trying to recover extremely important files but the website informs me that my account has been deleted! Is it possible to recover it?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this! Thank you so much!!!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Deleted Account

Dropboxer

Hi @Sophia Borges, thanks for taking the time to message us.

If you received the email about inactivity, then you would have needed to contact us then to see if anything could be done to recover the account.

Unfortunately, as it has been two years since that email, it wouldn't be possible to regain access to the account, or recover the files within.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you need any further info, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?