cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted account with my dead father videos

Deleted account with my dead father videos

maria42
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I want to ask about the content of my dropbox account which was closed due to inactivity.

In 2016 I uploaded some videos with familiar memories that I was not prepared to watch at the time. I wanted to save them on the cloud because I think that will keep them safe from technology issues. I opened a dropbox account exclusively for that, but after some time, I stopped using this email that was connected to that account.

So, a few days ago, I felt emotionally prepared to watch those videos, but I couldn’t enter the account because it was DELETED by inactivity. I didn’t know that this could happen! And I wasn’t aware about the warnings you sent because I didn’t use the email linked to my dropbox account! I reopened this email and then I saw all the emails you sent in 2017 about the closing of my dropbox.

I’d like to know if there’s a small chance of recovering the content I had on my dropbox account, it’s so important for me! Is a part of my story, and now is lost.

I REALLY HOPE that there’s something that can be done.

Please, let me know if it's possible.

Thank you for your support.

Have a good day.

Kind regards!

1 Reply 1

Re: Deleted account with my dead father videos

Mark
Super User II

I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss @maria42 

However, unfortunately, there is no way at all of getting those files back.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?