cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted files, but my account say it's full

Highlighted

Deleted files, but my account say it's full

Explorer | Level 3

I received a warning that my Dropbox account of 5.75 GB was nearly full.  I deleted at least 2GB of photos, but when I tried to upload a sync app it couldn't do it since I used up all my space.  I do have a Shared Folder with a number a jpgs/pdfs.  I can't delete them.  Any ideas how I can free up space?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Deleted files, but my account say it's full

Dropboxer

Hello there Tommy. Happy November and welcome to the Community!

First off, note that shared folders do count towards your account's quota so you should check if the mentioned shared folder is the culprit here. 

Generally speaking now, if your Dropbox account is over quota then only syncing stops. Nothing will be removed and syncing will resume when you bring your account under quota again.

To get your account under quota you can do any of the following:

1. Increase your quota using referrals bonuses or other promotions.
  2. Leave any shared folders or Spaces that put you over quota (you can save the files somewhere else on your computer if you'd like to keep a copy of them).
  3. Move files that don't need to sync out of your Dropbox folder.

Let me know how it goes @TommyZ

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

Yes, indeed, you are more than likely to be correct.  The shared folder was/is for a research project involving at least 8 people.  I'm pretty sure all the information has been gathered so I'm going to tell the team that I'm saving the files on an external drive, and delete them from the system.  It's hoped I still have enough space to synch my DEVONthink databae to my iPad using Dropbox.  If not I'll upgrade.  Thanks for the assistance.  TommyZ

Highlighted

Dropboxer

No worries @TommyZ - we're always here to assist!

Have you been able to resolve your concern by the way?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?