Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleted files, merge, google

Explorer | Level 3

I signed in with google today by accident. It opened an account but it was empty. 

I have had this account for a few years, it was almost full but I have always been signing in the normal way not through google even though I was using a google email. Before you suggest that maybe I am using the wrong email, I am not. I have been using this address for years, I am not a novice when it comes to computers, I have never had problems with emails and accounts.

With that out of the way, I would like someone to tell me whats going on, or I would like to get in touch with a support agent from dropbox because I need these files. 

I have tried resetting password but that only changed the password to the new empty account. What is going on? Why was there no confirmation that this would happen?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Deleted files, merge, google

Super User II
Super User II

If you don't sign in with Google, and just sign in using the email address and password as you normally would, are you able to access the account?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Afraid not, tried that already but I tried once more and still nothing. Still brings up an empty account, I think I need someone from dropbox support to have a look at my account

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey, @nagup14, welcome to our community! 

I’m sorry to hear about this, and I’ll be happy to put you in touch with a support agent for a look from our end. 

Shall I have one of my colleagues email you at the address associated with your profile? 

Let me know!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Sanchez , thanks for the reply

I asked for support via the chat bot but if you can get someone to email me on the email associated with my account sooner then please go ahead, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey again, @nagup14

I located your support ticket in our system, and see that one of our agents has replied to you, requesting some more info about the issue. 

Now, I’ve added the notes from our conversation to your ticket, but please also reply to the agent so they can continue working with you. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?