cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted mailbox related to dropbox

Highlighted

Deleted mailbox related to dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hey,

The mail box related to my old dropbox acount have been deleted. And for some reason I can't access my old dropbox anymore (wrong password ?)...
How can I reconnect again ?

Tim

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Deleted mailbox related to dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @timothee, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you no longer have access to the email linked with your Dropbox account, I'd suggest checking out the suggestions in this article to see if you can regain access to the account.

However, if you've forgotten the password used for your Dropbox account, you would most likely need to regain access to your email account so that you can reset the Dropbox password.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hey,

I've read everything. It doesn't solve my problem. I really don't understand what I should do.

And please, before proposing solutions (next time I mean) try to fully understand the problem...

I'm getting kind of sick of trying things on my own and if I ask for your help it is because I think YOU can help me
(Not a robot or a "how-to", "vade mecum" or whatever)

To summarize the problem :

1. My Dropbox password was reset.
  2. My mailbox associated to Dropbox was deleted.
  3. None of my devices (that I can think of) are still connected to this account.

What I know about this account :

1. The e-mail address was "[email removed as per Community Guidelines]"
  2. The "original" password (before Drobox reset it)
  3. Many other miscellaneous things...
    1. Hasn't connected to it for years
    2. Size of 9.2 GB (I think), I used to invite a lote of people to get more space
    3. The name of some shared folders ("Lou + sim + tim"; "Lou+Tim"; "Soph-Tim"; "AESS+Enseignement";...)
    4. ...

And please don't tell me that's not enough to have it back... Please...

I'm sure we can find a way.

Thanks for the beautiful work you're doing. Have a nice day.

Tim

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here, @timothee.

I understand the issue that you're having here. However, no longer having access to the email address makes it very difficult to regain access to the associated Dropbox account.

The email address is used to verify your ownership of the Dropbox account, and all of the available options to regain access are outlined in that article.

If the password expired, the only option to reset the password (without access to the email) would be through a linked device.

Since you don't have any connected devices to your account, you will need to regaining access to the email address (or recreate the email in this case) to be able to recover the Dropbox account.

Just to note, if the account hasn't been active for a long period of time like you mentioned, it's likely that the account would have been closed due to inactivity

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, Tim.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?