cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a referral

Deleting a referral

Sergiu M.
New member | Level 1

How can i delete a referral

13 Replies 13

Re: Deleting a referral

Mark
Super User II

You cant, it doesnt affect anything though so just ignore it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

melody s.6
New member | Level 1

So, listed in my account is a referral who died two years ago.  Hmm, and I cannot remove him? Dropbox continues to send emails to his address asking him to join DB?  Sounds like a flaw....not a feature.

Cheers,

Muhammad Zameer
New member | Level 1

Mark Mc,

an idle referral DOES affect things,

I have alot of referrals who became dropbox users independently, despite my referral invite, others remaining are through work emails so they don't create a dropbox account at all.

NOW I AM SEEING A "YOU HAVE EXCEEDED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF REFERRALS" PROMPT BECAUSE OF THIS.

Clayton G.
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue as Muhammad.  I want to delete invites so I can invite others.  How can I fix this issue?

Muhammad Zameer
New member | Level 1

Dropbox support doesn't care about this flaw anymore, they are more focused on generating earnings from paid storage

Mark
Super User II

Clayton. You cant. 

The 'maximum number of referrals' error is only given out when you've sent out many many referrals (I'm told thousands). Which is, to be fair, spamming. 

they are more focused on generating earnings from paid storage

To be honest if they are not generating earnings then free users won't have any service to use at all so thats hardly unreasonable is it? Although, to be fair its also very technically inaccurate as Dropbox support is only for that - support. They have a sales team for, well, sales. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Michael C.186
New member | Level 1

I am getting a notification that I have maxed my amount of referrals. This happened through a mass email of all my contacts because I didn't know there was a max. I would think Dropbox would want as many as they can get out there. Is there any way to reverse or delete these referrals so I can now send the ones I really need?

Michael C.186
New member | Level 1

And just for the record Mark Mc I sent out around 300 and it shut me down.

Mark
Super User II

300 is still a heck of a lot - spamming is not good hence limits. 

The only work around is to get a link from www.dropbox.com/referral and send it via your own email client. Just remember though if people complain they are being spammed you will lose all your referral space, not just that one  

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michael C.186 New member | Level 1
    Muhammad Zameer New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?