cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotion with notebook ( hp, dell, asus v.s.)

Highlighted

Dell 20 GB Promotion

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, I just connected a new Dell XPS 15 9500 where the Dropbox icon was showing a 20 GB space promotion. I made the error to install the Dropbox app from the normal website and tthe promotion vanished.

Need assistance to claim this promitional space.

Any help would be much appreciated.

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Dell 20 GB Promotion

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @BPSingh, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you clarify for me, did you sign into the desktop app once you downloaded it? If so, can you check in your Plan tab online to see if the space was applied to your account?

Otherwise, when you click on the Dropbox icon now, what options do you see there?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

thanks for the response.

When i first started the new Dell XPS 15 9500 it showed me the icon with the 20GB promotion. However i downloaded the dropbox app from the website and the icon with the offer disappered.

I had bought an ASUS laptop last month which granted me 25GB for 12 months. That space is showing in my TAB. 

But the 20GB space which should have been allocated due to the new Dell is not added.

And I do not see any notification to activate it when i click my dropbox icon..

Kindly look into it.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @BPSingh!

Just to clarify, was the Dropbox app itself already installed on your device before you downloaded the app from the website?

Also, if you haven't already, please check out this article to confirm if your device is eligible for this promotion.

It may be that your account is not eligible due to already having applied a similar promotion from the Asus device that you mentioned, as outlined in the last section of the article. 

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

when i first started up the New Dell i did see a Dropbox promotion available. however like i said i downlaoded the app from the website so the icon with the promotion got overwritten. it is possible if i do a factory reset the icon will reappear but that is not possbile at present.

yes i had bought another laptop before this and i did get a 20GB promotion acivated on that one. that is showin on the account.

I do have a second Dropbox account - what happens if i delete this account on this computer and keep it on my Asus laptop and log in with my other dropbox account on the new Dell...

i should not be loose my promotion just becaouse i have bought 2 laptops... 

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

if you reset the system to factory settings, the icon will come back

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

You can use the app on 3 devices at the same time

Highlighted

promotion with notebook ( hp, dell, asus v.s.)

Collaborator | Level 9

The 20-25gb promotions that come with the device can be used by old users,  not only new user

Highlighted

Re: promotion with notebook ( hp, dell, asus v.s.)

Super User II
Super User II

@eprombil wrote:

The 20-25gb promotions that come with the device can be used by old users,  not only new user

Usually, as long as you haven't received a bonus from a similar promotion, anyone can use it. Each promotion type can only be used once per account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?