cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell-Dropbox Promotion 30GB - Product Purchase was August 2020.

Highlighted

Dell-Dropbox Promotion 30GB - Product Purchase was August 2020.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I used the documented process and have not seen the promised 30GB of storage space as per:  https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/dell-promotion

I did have a Dropbox ID back in 2018, however the partner offer states:

Purchase date Space Duration Existing or new user? Purchased before February 1, 2020 20 GB 12 months New Dropbox users only Purchased on or after February 1, 2020 30 GB 12 months New or existing Dropbox users

I fall into the 'after February 1,2020 catigory, and whether a New or existing Dropbox user.  So why does my account reflex only 2GB with an option to UPGRADE?

I can forward any Dell purchase information, and I have already logged an issue with Dell regarding this.  Is this some sort of scam?

Thanks in advance for any guidence you can provide.

Dan

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dell-Dropbox Promotion 30GB - Product Purchase was August 2020.

Dropboxer

Hi @Daned; thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with redeeming your Dell device's promotional space and I'll be glad to look into this for you.

Can you please let me know if your device had the Dropbox application pre-loaded and if you used that indeed? 

As the Help Center article you mentioned states, the promotion is available to the first user who (a) signs up for Dropbox or signs in to an existing account, and (b) completes the redemption steps. 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there, Dan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply Walter.  Although I have received emails for this program in my Dell registered email address, the initial connection to the offer was pre-installed in my Windows 10 Pro system.  As far as I know I completed the redemption steps, however it was obvious to me.  Thanks, Dan

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Daned!

To have a better look into this with you, alongside some account specific info, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?