cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Offer for 20GB Failed

Dell Offer for 20GB Failed

Davie215
Explorer | Level 3

When I tried to activate this offer with my existing Dropbox account, it failed - in many ways!

First, I already have a free account with three devices enabled in the app. The new promo reported that my password had not changed and asked me to do so. Then it hijacked the credentials from one of my authorized devices, and then the 20 GB bonus did not appear.

I can access through the web, but it shows my account is almost full on its 2.25 GB limit, and no further connection to promo is visible.

Three months later, with many new apps installed, I cannot revert to reset to factory config, and contact with Dell re order 648468189 was fruitless as customer order desk claim never to have heard of a Dropbox promo.

Is this hopeless?

2 Replies 2

Re: Dell Offer for 20GB Failed

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Davie215, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, if you have 3 devices connected to your account, then it wouldn't be possible to connect this new device to your account without removing one of the others. 

Have you successfully signed into the Dropbox desktop application on your Dell device with your current Dropbox account? Did you use the pre-installed program to login?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dell Offer for 20GB Failed

Davie215
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your concern, and I believe you are trying to help me, but much of my experience has already been given. As it was two months ago, details are vague, but whatever the sRespontartup sequence must have come from a prompt soon after starting up my new Dell 8940. It might have been an auto-prompt, but cannot recall if there was the Desktop app already on the machine or just how it all was initiated.

First response offered me to create an account - already had the free one with three devices already authorized. Response was a mention something to do with password, which diverted me from proceeding to accept the offer. Then when I got past this, the system authorized my new computer (dropping one device in the process without warning or my knowledge until later).

Then I believe that the process did not resume to grant the new 20 GB limit for a year, and all I saw was the three devices - now including the new desktop -- but with the same 2.25 GB workspace and no boost. Using the web access, I saw the details, and the three devices present, so the offer was gone and never re-presented to change to add capacity.

I now believe that the password nonsense destroyed the process.

Two months later, I've added many apps, much data, and done all the Windows and Dell system upgrades, and would NEVER agree to return to the as-delivered configuration, so there's got to be a way to re-start with new credentials without reverting to an empty system and losing all the effort to get a fully working desktop with a zillion apps installed.

I'm not alone in not getting the offer established and the alternate of a raw reboot to as-delivered is not acceptable.

Dell order support claimed they had no part in this promo, but I have come to believe something was pre-installed and that process failed me -- and many others.

With a twelve computer, two tablet, and cell phones on my network, it's hard enough to keep it all working, but the 2.25 GB barrier is all I have.

Any help?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Davie215 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?