cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dell Promo 20GB not working even after reinstalling dropbox

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I just bought a dell and am trying to get the add'l 20GB space. There is a "Get 20GB disk space" notification but it says "Dropbox already installed. Try to uninstall and reinstall dropbox to redeem offer from Dell". Even after doing that it still isn't working and has the same notification box.

Any suggestions???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dell Promo 20GB not working even after reinstalling dropbox

Super User II
Super User II

I got 18gb, Can this be fixed

Actually, that is correct - your account is upgraded to 20gb, you do not get an additional 20gb. 

In terms of the other issues with all other promos Dropbox only gives the space if you use the default installed client. If you update it wont work. You need to reinstall the one from your install CDs I'd imagine to claim. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I got an email finally from Dropbox about the issue to confirm if it had been fixed. Not exactly. I got 18GB but should have gotten 20GB. Can this be fixed?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

i have the same issue and cannot seem to uninstall enough dropbox to get the 20gb to load without it saying that it's already installed

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm having this same issue: I uninstalled a DropBox version that I had downloaded, but the 20 GB offer version still says "DropBox already Installed, uninstall and try again."

Any ideas?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I got 18gb, Can this be fixed

Actually, that is correct - your account is upgraded to 20gb, you do not get an additional 20gb. 

In terms of the other issues with all other promos Dropbox only gives the space if you use the default installed client. If you update it wont work. You need to reinstall the one from your install CDs I'd imagine to claim. 

- - -

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi, I am having this same issue with the dropbox 20gb free offer after purchasing my Dell XPS13. I tried to uninstall and reinstall dropbox as the message advised.

But after uninstalling my working dropbox, I am left with an older version of dropbox which doesnt allow me to log in because it is too old!

So then I had to redownload dropbox from the main site but I never got my 20Gb :(

Can someone please help?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I can not get 20 Gb on Dell promotion ,too. I have followed al the step guide as dropbox application on the screen. I have just bought this laptop for some days. Please help me to get full 20 gb space

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I'm having the exact same issue. I have an offer from Dell on my laptop for 20gb for a year and it says 2gb after some prompts to create the account and the promotion app just loads the installer
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @ECANDZ

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Are you still having trouble with the installer? Could you please send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you see when attempting to install the desktop app?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?