cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining if an old account is still active

Highlighted

Determining if an old account is still active

New member | Level 2

I had an older account to which I am not sure of the sign in ID or password.  I believe it was an old work email address which the company changed all together.  I've tried the various emails from the past and this is the only one where I can't access it, because the addresses no longer exist anymore.  Could or would Dropbox Support explore this or is it just a lost cause, does anyone have an idea?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Determining if an old account is still active

Dropboxer

Hello there @Terrance S, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Since you mention that the previous admins changes the email altogether, do you mean that they changed the email address associated with the Dropbox account, or that they deactivated the email itself? 

Also, could you let me know if you remember when the last time was that you accessed your account?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I responded to this message but it was kicked back. At any rate the account I believe I had was prior to 2016 when I created the one I have now.  The email sign in before was associated with my job and they changed email systems after I retired in 2016, so it no longer exist.  Below are the email addresses I believe are associated with the older account:

[Personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines]

I appreciate your time and attention to this issue                                                                         

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the details. If the Dropbox account itself hasn't been accessed for over 12 months, then it would have been deactivated. 

If this is the case, then it wouldn't be possible to regain access to the account or the files within, unfortunately.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If there's anything else I can assist with, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?