cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device limit on paid plans

Highlighted

Device limit on paid plans

New member | Level 2

I guess it was inveitable, Dropbox reduced their offering to non-paid users. For years I have synced many devices.  I considered upgrading because Dropbox works so well in so many scenarios. BUT, your plan offerings webpage doesn't address the number of devices availble on any plan. It doesn't even mention it. Why would that be left out, espcially in light of the fact that it has been reduced? This seems to me like a potential bait and switch. If I pay you for a year, will the number of devices again be reduced for the lower tier? I would seriously consider upgrading if there was some guarantee, but since there is none, why risk it? 

Also, if there was a lower storage quantity/cheaper plan which offered a resonable number of devices this would be a no-brainer for me. As an individual user, there is no reason in the world I would want/need to put 1TB in the cloud. Google offers 100GB for $1.99/mo. What about $2.99/mo for 100GB (or 50 or 25) and 10 or 15 devices? You'd have a customer in me! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Device limit on paid plans

Dropboxer
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Regarding the device limit, it is mentioned in this article on our site.

The changes happened in March 2019, Basic users have a 3 device limit, and paid plans currently don’t have a limit.

In relation to your request for cheaper plans, I can certainly forward this to our team for their consideration, to improve the options available for our users.

Hope this info helps!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Regarding the device limit, it is mentioned in this article on our site.

The changes happened in March 2019, Basic users have a 3 device limit, and paid plans currently don’t have a limit.

In relation to your request for cheaper plans, I can certainly forward this to our team for their consideration, to improve the options available for our users.

Hope this info helps!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

interesting too

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hello,

just a quick peek - are there any news on this?

Many of us really don't need the 2TB space. Could you please suggest your sales people that there might be plenty of people willing to pay a reasonable (!!) amount for unlimited devices PLUS sensible amount of space, say, 20 gigabytes? Two bucks a month, with possibility to purchase several years at once?

Now the gap between free and billed subscription is IMO far too wide.

Best Regards,

-petri harri

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?