cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive 100GB dell promotion for purchase after Sept. 1

Did not receive 100GB dell promotion for purchase after Sept. 1

drolson18
Explorer | Level 4

I Did not receive the 100GB free for a year dell promotion for purchase after Sept. 1 on my new desktop. I saw the dropbox icon and clicked it and it took me to the promo screen. There it had me sign-up for dropbox to receive the promo. once I went through the entire process and a dropbox account was started I never received the promo storage. This is my first dropbox account and it was installed on my PC or I wouldn't have even known about dropbox. Interestingly enough there is no human customer service that can be contacted with the account level that it signed me up for. So now they want me to pay to talk to customer support. This is rediculas, What a crock! It is companies like this one that make consumers jaded and untrusting of the motives of business. All I want is what was promised to me and all they want is my credit card # like that is ever going to happen when they wont even let me speak to a representative. What would happen if they made a billing error? I'll tell you nothing because they are hiding behind a bot. Until I receive what was promised of me I'm going to contact Dell and smear dropbox on every single google posty I make even ones that have nothing to do with them. lets see how they like it when someone srews with them.  If anyone out there has had the same experience coment and I'll let you know how its going in my campaign and if I have found any successful way to get the promiosed storage. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Did not receive 100GB dell promotion for purchase after Sept. 1

Mark
Super User II

Did you complete the www.dropbox.com/gs guide to claim the space?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

drolson18
Explorer | Level 4

Yes Sir I did. All it gave me was 250MB for completing five items on the list. Do you know how to get someone on the phone for these guys? All I want to do is send them a copy of my receipt for verification of date purchased so that I recieve my storage.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @drolson18; I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I reach out via email to investigate further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

drolson18
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter, Yes you may. I would really appreciate that. is there anything you need from me before hand?

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming so quickly @drolson18; you've got :envelope: 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?