cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled account sending out Phishing links

Highlighted

Disabled account sending out Phishing links

New member | Level 2

I have a client who's acccount username and password were compromised. The hackers using the account sent our a link to all the contacts with a Phishing link to a file. Dropbox detected this and disabled the account however the file is still in the account and reminder emails are still being sent to all of the clients contacts with links to the file. As a matter of urgency we need to get this file removed from his account and stop any further emails. The client does not want thier account re-enabled they justneed this to stop as it is damaging thier business.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Disabled account sending out Phishing links

Dropboxer

Hello @GW_Tickets - sorry to hear about this.

As account specific matters are best handled through our Official ticketing channel, I'd suggest having them log a ticket with our team and ask about this directly:

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime and welcome to our Community too!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?