cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected my accounts and I can't find my personal.

Highlighted

Disconnected my accounts and I can't find my personal.

Explorer | Level 3

I disconnected my personal Dropbox from my Business account.

Now, when I log in I can only see my business files. I have tried looking ion the deleted files folder, but nothing is in there. My personal files have vanished... please, how can I get them back?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: I disconnected my business account from

Dropboxer

Hi @m_warr!. 

No worries.

You had your accounts paired on your desktop and you un-paired them, right? 

You can pair them again, following the steps in the hyperlink above. 

Your personal account still exists. You just don't see it on your desktop because after you disconnected the accounts, the Dropbox desktop app can only sync one account if you don't have them paired. 

Alternatively, just log in to Dropbox.com from an incognito/private browsing mode using your personal account's email and password. 

Let me know how this goes! I'd be glad to help you more. 

Cheers. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for this info Fiona!

I did try re-pairing my personal and business accounts, but it comes up with a error message saying, 'you cannot connect the same account. This leads me to think my personal files may have been wiped when a business account was established.

Is it possible to have your Business and personal accounts assigned to the same email adress?

I've tried getting the admin of the business account to disconnect me as a member, as I no longer work there or require a business account. Unfortunately, Im having no luck getting them to seperate these accounts so I still cannot access my longstanding personal account.

HELLLP!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there, @m_warr

Let’s take a step back. 

1. An email address can only be associated with one Dropbox account. 

2. This means that your personal account has a different email address from your Business account. 

3. To check both accounts, use each email address to log in using an incognito/private browser window. Do this for one account, then log out, and then log in with your other email address. 

If you don’t remember your password for either account, click on the “Forgot your password” link, and we’ll send you an email so you can reset it. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Sanchez.

This is puzzling me as I have had my personal email asscoiated with my account since I set it up in 2007. This has not changed ever!

I have just checked and my business account is also attached to my personal email. The only conclusion I can reach now is that my personal files were deleted when the business account was created as I can no longer see of access them anywhere.

TBH I am ready to give up on this now and simply discontinue my account. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?