cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do I lose my earned space through referrals if I step out of that folder?

Highlighted

Do I lose my earned space through referrals if I step out of that folder?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there!

Many moons ago, I set up a shared folder with a project team. Two members of the team were referred to me, and I received extra space for it. However, the project is long done and the team doesn't exist anymore. If I leave the shared folder, will I also lose my extra space? Or is the extra space credited when they installed Dropbox and now I am good?

On a related note: what happens if the referred person deinstalls Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Julian V.,

The short answer is: NO.

Ones earned the space is owned by the account till the moment corresponding account gets destroyed, if any. Only way earnings could change (not lost) is when you change you subscription (same action on different subscription would be counted in different manner). That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Julian V.,

The short answer is: NO.

Ones earned the space is owned by the account till the moment corresponding account gets destroyed, if any. Only way earnings could change (not lost) is when you change you subscription (same action on different subscription would be counted in different manner). That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?