cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I lose the space I earned in the past if I downgrade?

Do I lose the space I earned in the past if I downgrade?

ricscotti
New member | Level 2

Hi folks,

Very basic question: I've received lots of free space through referrals and grants in the past, but I need to upgrade for a short amount of time as I need more space for the next month. When I'll downgrade in a few months, would you know if I still will keep the free space I've earned over the years?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Do I lose the space I earned in the past if I downgrade?

Elixir
Super User

Yes, the space you have earned will remain valid. Good news is: when you upgrade your referral bonus will double. Say you have 20 successful referrals, for free/basic account, you earned 500MB per referral, so 10GB increase. When you upgrade, the referral bonus is 1GB per referral, so your referral bonus will increase to 20GB. However, once you downgrade it will reduce to the same amount that you currently have as free account. 

Re: Do I lose the space I earned in the past if I downgrade?

ricscotti
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much. Is that true as well for referrals I received from people at Dropbox?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ricscotti New member | Level 2
    Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?