cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to pay for an Admin Account?

Do I need to pay for an Admin Account?

cdub74
Explorer | Level 3

I am looking at several options for taking a small businesses shared files in to the cloud so that the employees can access these files remotely from home or on-site, I am considering several options with Dropbox Business being one of them.

I am the IT support person for the company and want to know can the Admin account be setup just for managing users and billing, I do not need to access any files on Dropbox, it is just used purely for adding or removing users. So does the company need to pay a subscription for the Admin users account?

I tried to ask the online chat but they did not seem to know the answer, I have also emailed Dropbox but so far not got a reply, I am hoping someone here can finally answer what should really be a simple question.

1 Reply 1

Re: Do I need to pay for an Admin Account?

Rich
Super User II

@cdub74 wrote:

So does the company need to pay a subscription for the Admin users account?

The Admin for a team account uses a license just like all other members of the team. They're a regular member, with the ability to manage the account. There are no admin-only accounts in a team.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?