Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Do I need to use a Dropbox for Business team account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My customer wants to use dropxteam, do I have to upgrade my acount? I have a normal free version. It used to work, but know it's blocked...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Do I need to use a Dropbox for Business team account?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @woxvoll - much appreciated.

Sorry to ask, but, are you the Admin of this Dropbox For Business Teams account?

In addition, based on your screenshot, the team in question is currently in "locked state". A team can end up in locked state if their trial period expires or if they downgrade. Team admins have two options available:

1. Purchase Dropbox Business — this can be done through the decide page:

2. Disband the team — all team members will be converted to individual accounts:

If you'd like account specific assistance with this, please go ahead (or have the Team Admin) log a ticket with our team through the following page so we can help further:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Last but not least, if your last inquiry was about how you could go about having a manual invoice for the team account in question, note that we can currently only offer this payment method for teams with 10 or more licenses. 

I hope this information helps to some extent while I remain at your disposal should you have any more questions I can assist with. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @woxvoll  - how are you today?

As I'm not sure I fully understand your query, could you elaborate a tad for me please? 

Based on your description, I understand that your customer has invited you to a Dropbox for Business Teams account - am I correct in my assumption? 

As you say it's now blocked, could yo forward me a screenshot of the exact problem/error you get so as to get a better understanding of the matter at hand? 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there Walter

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

I work in a small buisness and my customer are running a project and are using (obviously) Dropbox Busniess or Dropbox Team? Until now we have only used the smal/free version of Dropbox.

If we need to upgrade, how can we get this invoice direktly to the company.

Capture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @woxvoll - much appreciated.

Sorry to ask, but, are you the Admin of this Dropbox For Business Teams account?

In addition, based on your screenshot, the team in question is currently in "locked state". A team can end up in locked state if their trial period expires or if they downgrade. Team admins have two options available:

1. Purchase Dropbox Business — this can be done through the decide page:

2. Disband the team — all team members will be converted to individual accounts:

If you'd like account specific assistance with this, please go ahead (or have the Team Admin) log a ticket with our team through the following page so we can help further:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Last but not least, if your last inquiry was about how you could go about having a manual invoice for the team account in question, note that we can currently only offer this payment method for teams with 10 or more licenses. 

I hope this information helps to some extent while I remain at your disposal should you have any more questions I can assist with. 

Walter

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?