cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not get reset password emails

Do not get reset password emails

CentHse
Explorer | Level 4

I have clicked on the link to reset my password but do not get an email.  I have added dropbox as a contact and checked my junk folder but no email has arrived.  I have used the link about 10 times in four days and cannot get the email to arrive.  Any suggestions?

51 Replies 51

Re: Do not get reset password emails

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @CentHse; thanks for joining our Community and happy Friday!

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with receiving the email to reset your account's password

When you request a password reset, the email comes from no-reply@dropbox.com. Can you confirm you've added this exact email address to your (email's) address book?

I'm not sure if this will do the trick for you, but could you try resetting your password through another browser other than the one you originally used and let me know if you're still not getting our emails? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GrettaWillson
Explorer | Level 4

I've face the same issue but can't recover my account. Now I created the new one.

CentHse
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, I have double checked the email address in my contacts and it is defininitly no-reply@dropbox.com.  I have also done as you suggested and tried to reset my password using a different browser but still did not recieve an email with the link.

So still no luck

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @CentHse!

I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team for further assistance with this, as we'd need to have a look into some account specific info with you.

You can submit a ticket with the team by visiting this page from an incognito window (while signed out of Dropbox), and fill in the relevant info under the "Submit a help request" section.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CentHse
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne, I have followed your instructions and sent the request.

Thanks for your help.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Glad to be of help @CentHse!

If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to give me a nudge here!

I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Not receiving reset password email

nycpat
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! Ive tried the forgot password option a few times and whitelisted the dropbox domain and saved the email as a contact but Im still not receiving the reset password email. I am posting this from a member account from the team but I also have access to the admin email address. Please help! I need to update my payment info. Thx.

Re: Not receiving reset password email

abdullahibn200
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @nycpat

Have you checked your spam or trash section? The email could end up there.

Re: Not receiving reset password email

nycpat
Explorer | Level 4
Sorry I failed to mention that I checked both the spam and trash and both were empty 😞
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Javilito12345 New member | Level 2
    cheryl80 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?