cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t have email or access to old account, how can I stop the subscription linked with it?

Don’t have email or access to old account, how can I stop the subscription linked with it?

AlYahu
Explorer | Level 3
So I created a Dropbox account 1 or 2 years ago. I never wrote down the email so I forgot. I been looking at my bank statements and I been getting charged $11.99 a month . I tried to find the old email address but I can find it but I have the Dropbox #’s to the account that was linked to my old credit card that appears with the charge on my billing statement . Which [info removed as per Community Guidelines]. This is what pops up on my banking statement when I get charged.

So how can I get help of removing this is can’t remember my email. Is Dropbox saying, if you don’t remember your email, your just going to live with $11.99 a month and there’s nothing yall can do unless you remember your email and y’all are just going to continue to bill me .. I need help and answers. Like I said I tried old emails but I don’t know it so how can I stop these $11.99 charges. I already have one account that’s accessible but can’t access the one I don’t remember . Or even help deleting an account but I still don’t know the email .
6 Replies 6

Re: Don’t have email or access to old account, how can I stop the subscription linked with it?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @AlYahu, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Can you just confirm for me, are the charges made directly through Dropbox, or through the Google/Apple app store?

Also, the transaction ID that you mentioned looks to be only 10 characters, while it should be 12 characters long.

From your bank statement, can you try and view more details for this charge in case the other characters were cutoff?

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Don’t have email or access to old account, how can I stop the subscription linked with it?

AlYahu
Explorer | Level 3
Okay , so it’s only 10 characters . So I don’t know what to do know.. it’s like it’s always a road block with this Dropbox stuff and you can’t even help since it only shows 10 numbers & letters.. y’all need to get this together. I got my bank to refund me for a whole year. Since last year in March this has been going on. I canceled my credit card so yall won’t be able to bill me. So hopefully that works . If I get charged again , what’s the next steps since I don have an email & only 10 characters ??

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @AlYahu, if the transaction only has 10 characters, and you have access to the email account you're logged into when making this forum post, try contacting our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AlYahu
Explorer | Level 3
Okay I will try this & I ended up canceling my credit card but still need to access that bank account . Thank you .

JessNeedsHelp
New member | Level 2

I'm having a similar problem. I realized I'm paying for multiple accounts - one annually, one monthly.  I tried all of my emails and was able to identify one account, but can't figure out what email the other account is linked to. I tried using the credit card charge checker, but the card that's being charged isn't recognized (must be an old card for the same account). I do have the transaction ID. Can you help?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @JessNeedsHelp, if you're not able to locate the account using the card lookup tool, use the steps in my post to contact the support team, and they should be able to assist you further.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?