cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont use Dropbox Business , It is disaster

Highlighted

Dont use Dropbox Business , It is disaster

New member | Level 2

I accidently receiving a shared book from a internet friend.

And became her member? And When i realize it , i worry about other person have access to my personal information . I asked Dropbox switch me back to my individual plan with PLUS which i pay annually .

But The support told me I could not do by myself.Email back and forward more than 1 week i could not even sleep at all. 

I have to rely on this person who i dont know her at all. Request her to delete me. When   I asked her to deleted me , All my account info disapeared , even my own personal document all deleted , The account showed "This account is deleted" You can no longer have access to this own account . This is my own email . How Dropbox giving my own account to other strangers ? And now Dropbox told me only that person can do this ? I will take legal action on this issue . This is totally break my privacy !

I also tried to register again but showing my email already exist which i could not . Now my account stuck with this stranger and request 3 times to Dropbox i need back to PLUS plan for my own . They repeating I have to get permission by this strangers!!!!!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dont use Dropbox Business , It is disaster

Dropboxer

Hi there @CTCTCT, thanks for reaching out to us. 

In general, when you join a Business team, the team admin(s) can manage team members' work Dropbox accounts and can only access yours by using the sign in as user feature.

You can find more information about it, here

As for your member account that was deleted, the team admin(s) have seven days to restore it and then convert it to a personal/individual account. 

Is there no way of getting in touch with the user that originally invited you to view this file?

Let me know, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?