cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade due to large file. What to do?

Highlighted

Downgrade due to large file. What to do?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I have been dowgraded for sharing a large file to 2 people at the same time. I deleted the file but now what? I paid for 2TB plan and now have been downgraded to basic. Will this be reversed? I don't want to pay the whole fee again. I didn't realize the sharing issue but I feel this is harsh for a first time error.

Any help? I sent an email to through the contact form but now I don't even get the premium support email and have to wait 72 Hours.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Downgrade due to large file. What to do?

Super User II

Are you sure you've been downgraded? I've never heard of Dropbox downgrading an account before except for non-payment. Go to the Plan tab on your account page and tell us what it says for your current plan.

If it's just that the people you're sharing with are getting a message about their accounts being full while trying to use the shared folder, refer to the following help article:

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox 2020-03-17 12-46-06.pngDropbox 2020-03-17 12-45-48.png

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
This is the email saying that I got downgraded for having to much traffic. It also says to check my account to see if it can be upgraded but there is no such option, just a link to pay again to upgrade. Email is in German: diese E-Mail ist eine automatisierte Dropbox-Benachrichtigung darüber, dass Ihre öffentlichen Links vorübergehend gesperrt wurden, da sie ein übermäßig hohes Datenaufkommen generiert haben. Führen Sie noch heute ein Dropbox-Upgrade durch, um das zulässige Datenaufkommen für Ihre Links und Dateianfragen zu erhöhen. Dropbox-Upgrade durchführen Bei weiteren Fragen zu gesperrten Links besuchen Sie bitte das Hilfecenter. Falls es sich hierbei um Ihre erste Sperrung handelt, können Sie diese eventuell entfernen, indem Sie auf Ihre Kontoseite gehen.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?