cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Downgrade from Business to personal.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi DB-community

I recently activated a free trial version of Business, which means I upgraded my personal Plus account to a Business account. Since it has become clear that I won´t use all the extra features of the Business account I now wish to downgrade to my previous Plus user.

However, it says online that if I cancel the free trial version of business I will be transferred to a basic account. Since I use a lot more space than provided to basic users, I am nervous what will happen to these files if I downgrade to basic. 

Do you know a solution to this problem of mine?

Best regards,

Konradi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Downgrade from Business to Plus

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Konradi

I'd be more than happy to help answer this query for you!

If you're over the maximum available storage when you downgrade, you Dropbox account will only stop syncing your files. No files in your account will be removed in the process. 

This simply means that you won't be able to add new or edit existing content until you are below the limit again. 

You can check out your Plan tab for more info about your account's storage and you can find the relevant steps to cancelling your trial here

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Konradi

I'd be more than happy to help answer this query for you!

If you're over the maximum available storage when you downgrade, you Dropbox account will only stop syncing your files. No files in your account will be removed in the process. 

This simply means that you won't be able to add new or edit existing content until you are below the limit again. 

You can check out your Plan tab for more info about your account's storage and you can find the relevant steps to cancelling your trial here

I hope this helps!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I was invited to a Dropbox for Business team & I accidentally created a new team. What can I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Jane, My team administrator sent me the link to joiiin our team account. I signed up for business drop box by mistake.  How do I switch my account type to individual? I am almost done with my free trial so need to add my billing information.

Highlighted

I accidentally upgraded to Business. How can I get personal account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I signed up for a business account and should have signed up for personal.  Hoe can I change that.  My team all has personal account and we just share the folder.

Highlighted

business account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

How can you get someone from actually drop box to help?????

Highlighted

Re: business account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @kmissel, I'd be more than happy to help!

You can follow these instructions if you are on a Business trial, or these ones if you're already on a Business subscription. 

Once you're on a Basic account again, you can upgrade to one of our individual plans

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil

Highlighted

Re: business advanced account - but one of our team's computers almost full

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @kmissel, thanks for the nudge! 

I’ve moved your post in a new thread, as the discussion you had initially posted us under was slightly different. 

From what I gather from your description, it looks like instead of joining the team, you signed up for a Dropbox for Business trial accidentally, am I on the right path? If so, then you can cancel it at any time thus downgrading to the plan that was previously attached on this account. 

Please let me know how you get on with that or if I’ve misunderstood your description in any way & I’ll do my best to check back with you soon!

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, this same issue happened to us a couple of months ago.  In a chat, which now I cannot find where to chat with a live agent for anything today, we advised that we upgraded to business due to a misleading message where we thought we had to.  After realizing it was much more than we needed, we requested it be changed back to what we had prior.  The upgrade was credited, and our account was dropped to a personal account which doesn't offer the sync feature.  We previously were paying about $200 annually but it appears we got downgraded to a free basic account and our files are no longer syncing? The only options I see in my account are to upgrade back to the business level which I do not want or need...help?  Thank you, Linda

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Gunn_Marketing, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

In general, all Dropbox accounts have the capability to sync, as it's one of Dropbox's core features. 

If you're not syncing and you were downgraded to a Basic account, it sounds like your account is over the storage limit. To have your files syncing again, you need to bring your quota below that limit. 

You can find more info about what happens when you cancel a subscription in this article, and how you can tackle storage issues, here

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?