cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded account, eliminate files but still dropbox full

Downgraded account, eliminate files but still dropbox full

ro12
New member | Level 2

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for all your help.

I downgraded my account because I finished my masters studies so wouldn't be using much space anymore. I deleted my files. However, I am still receiving alerts saying that my dropbox is full, so it stopped synchronization and I cannot upload files anymore. 

I also eliminated all the other devices. I even uninstall dropbox in my laptop. The problem is still there.
I think that this problem may be due to the fact that I used previously another PC with my upgraded dropbox account. This was pc provided by my University and I have no access to it anymore. But, as I said, I eliminated this device from my account so I don't know what else to do.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Downgraded account, eliminate files but still dropbox full

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @ro12,

Connected devices count doesn't matter. Once successfully connected, they are... just connected. If you want to connect new device then have to take care to the limitation set for up to 3 devices, since the plan downgrade to Basic plan. But this has nothing to do with the storage quota. 😉

Take a look on your Plan page. How much has free space left (Unused space)? Do you have many shared files/directories received? How many is the shared space engaged (Shared files)? Take in mind shared content engages your storage quota too, not only sender's quota! Look around in your shared space and remove some share that's not actual anymore.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Downgraded account, eliminate files but still dropbox full

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @ro12,

Connected devices count doesn't matter. Once successfully connected, they are... just connected. If you want to connect new device then have to take care to the limitation set for up to 3 devices, since the plan downgrade to Basic plan. But this has nothing to do with the storage quota. 😉

Take a look on your Plan page. How much has free space left (Unused space)? Do you have many shared files/directories received? How many is the shared space engaged (Shared files)? Take in mind shared content engages your storage quota too, not only sender's quota! Look around in your shared space and remove some share that's not actual anymore.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?