Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Box not Syncing. Blue Icon Showing on Many Files

Tania D.1 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My Drop Box files have suddenly started to not sync to Drop Box. The blue icon is showing, won't complete to get the green check mark. Icon is not turning, so obviously not even trying to sync. Running an iMac. Any ides?

11 Replies 11

Re: Drop Box not Syncing. Blue Icon Showing on Many Files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response - are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Debra R.6 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issues as others in this community. Can someone please help me -- a Mac user whose DropBox icons no longer show up consistently. I cannot keep restarting my computer or reinstalling the application. What is wrong, and how can it be fixed?!? Thanks. 

Debbie 

New member | Level 1

Debra R. I've found that if I click on the Dropbox icon and sign in at Dropbox.com, it restarts the syncing process. Seems like I somehow get signed out of the app. Hopefully that simple fix helps, and you don't have to keep restarting.

New member | Level 1

Thanks, Tania. Hope this isn't a silly question, but which Dropbox icon do you click on? The icon at the top of my computer doesn't have a place for signing in. And why is this happening all of a sudden? I never had this problem until a few weeks ago.

New member | Level 1

Not sure why the glitch, but the icon at the top of the computer has a file folder and then a globe at the top. If you click the globe, it will take you to Dropbox.com. Alternatively, you can also just go to Dropbox in your web browser. Keep me updated. It's frustrating I know.

New member | Level 1

I've been continually signed in, so I don't think this is the problem. Any other thoughts? Thank you! 

New member | Level 1
Is there someone at Dropbox I can call to discuss why my sync icons no longer show up on my files and folders?

George R G. New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Why doesn't Drop Box sync on a remove computer? 

Donya O.
Explorer | Level 3

Having a similar issue to others on this forum. It seems as though the problem started when I upgraded to pro the files stopped syncing whereas I never had the issue before.  I am finding if I go to the web and sign-in the sync resumes.  This never seemed to matter before.  I ran the bad file tool and no issues were detected.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?