cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Basic User - Cant log-in to my account

Dropbox Basic User - Cant log-in to my account

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am a Dropbox basic user and I set up the account years ago using a corporate email address but I no longer work there. I can remember the email address but not the password so I cant use the email recovery option to send a password to the email address as it no longer exists. Can anyone help as I've searched on the forums and no answers appear to exist and it looks like as I'm just a basic user phone or chat support is not an option. I have some personal documents in the dropbox account I'd like to retrieve.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Basic User - Cant log-in to my account

New member | Level 2

Sorry - this will make me look silly but I should also say that I can see the docs in the app as I have that on my phone as I'm still logged in but I'd like to change the password now so that i can also log into the site from my PC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Super User II

@theboylow wrote:

... I set up the account years ago ...

When was the last time you accessed the account? If the account has been idle for more than a year, it was likely deleted due to inactivity.

I set up the account ... using a corporate email address but I no longer work there. I can remember the email address but not the password so I cant use the email recovery option to send a password to the email address as it no longer exists.

Without access to the email address you won't be able to access the Dropbox account. Perhaps you can contact your previous employer and ask them to temporarily reactive the email account.

New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich - I didnt share the password for the account with anyone when I was with that employer. Is there a phone number for Dropbox I could call someone perhaps? Must be a way round this surely to goodness.....

New member | Level 2

Sorry - this will make me look silly but I should also say that I can see the docs in the app as I have that on my phone as I'm still logged in but I'd like to change the password now so that i can also log into the site from my PC.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thankfully I remembered my password, so this is now resolved.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?