cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Payment issue for renewal from india

Dropbox India - Renewal Failed

Gavin Fernandes
Explorer | Level 4

Hello from India!

Does anyone have a solution on how to renew Dropbox in India. As per the new RBI rule, any subscription based plan over Rs. 5000, needs to be registered with the bank first. I don't see Dropbox on any banks platform of approved providers and therefore unable to renew my company's account.

I've tried with multiple cards and received this error message:

Payment Failed!
For Dropbox
On Bank Credit Card.
Reason: Non-compliant Recurring or Standing Instruction registered with Merchant. Use alternate source to pay the bill.
For details, contact your merchant.

Please help!
Thanks.

100 Replies 100

Rahul de Cunha
Explorer | Level 3

I just upgraded my plan and the issue was solved. 

Dezvolta
New member | Level 2

Because of RBI Guidelines Dropbox and other International payments are not processed. Is there a work around?

kiranrajagopal
Explorer | Level 4
Anybody got any solution

Dezvolta
New member | Level 2
I raised a ticket and they extended my plan for 1 more month till the issue is sorted.

Muthuindia
New member | Level 2
Hi, I am facing the same issue but my renewal is already past due. I am informed by my bankers that due to recently introduced Central Bank regulations, banks in India can process auto-debits only if the merchant is register with RBI (the central bank) for auto-debits. I am informed that Dropbox is not registered and hence when I try to make payments, the bank is unable to process it.
I am also informed that single payments are allowed to unregistered merchants. But Dropbox has no facility to accept one-time payments. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

alberttjohn8
Explorer | Level 3

I am facing the same issue. I chatted with your support and they mentioned it is some engineering issue (which I doubt). Please guide. My monthly renewal has already failed. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, sorry to jump in. 

@alberttjohn8 , do you have a ticket number perhaps from your communication with our support? I would like to have a look into it as well, if that is OK with you. 

@Muthuindia , if you still have the same issue, I could send you a message over to the email address that is linked to your Community profile and check this. 

Cheers!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Muthuindia
New member | Level 2

Yes Nancy. Please send me an email to dicuss this please.

Regards,

Muthu

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Hey Muthu, l have sent you a new message! You can check your email address when you have free time. 

Have a great weekend ahead!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rmahashabde
Explorer | Level 3
Hello, I am from India and I am facing the same issues as other folks on this thread. Due to the changes in RBI guidelines in India, I am unable to renew my Dropbox subscription. Does anyone have a solution?
Need more support?