cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox India - Renewal Failed

Dropbox India - Renewal Failed

Gavin Fernandes
Explorer | Level 4

Hello from India!

Does anyone have a solution on how to renew Dropbox in India. As per the new RBI rule, any subscription based plan over Rs. 5000, needs to be registered with the bank first. I don't see Dropbox on any banks platform of approved providers and therefore unable to renew my company's account.

I've tried with multiple cards and received this error message:

Payment Failed!
For Dropbox
On Bank Credit Card.
Reason: Non-compliant Recurring or Standing Instruction registered with Merchant. Use alternate source to pay the bill.
For details, contact your merchant.

Please help!
Thanks.

100 Replies 100

Gankrish2018
Explorer | Level 4
Yes please email

prathz79
New member | Level 2

Facing the same problem, none of the payments are going through as dropbox does not have any option for a OTP authentication. Look into this matter on priority, else will have to look for alternative providers. Thanks

suranadivya
New member | Level 2

Hi

I am facing the same issue. I chatted with your support and they mentioned it is some engineering issue (which I doubt). Please guide. My monthly renewal has already failed. 

Thanks

Divya

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey everyone, and happy Friday! 

The payment failure that you came across should have been fixed by now. 

If anyone is still facing this, just let me know and I'll be happy to send you an email so we can have a look. 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

abgupta122
New member | Level 2

HI Lori, I am facing the same issue and unable to update my credit card or make payments as per new guidelines. Can you please help with the process. Thanks.

prathz79
New member | Level 2

Hi Lori, The payment has failed again. The issue has not been resolved

As per new banking regulations in India effective October 2021, payments cannot go through without two factor authentication. So basically for all dropbox account users from India, payments will fail. Unless you enable two factor authentication at you gateway, payments wont get through.

Hope this is resolved at the earliest.

kiranrajagopal
Explorer | Level 4
Like many indian customers my renewal has also failed. My renewal is due and i cant afford to lose data stored.. Tried all ways no use. Kindly provide a solution

kiranrajagopal
Explorer | Level 4
I still have the issue..
My renewal is due.
Its not an engineering issue..
Its as per RBI new norms.
You cant auto renew payament. Provider has to provide the payment link each time.
Thinking of migrating to other cloud system

V Khanna
Explorer | Level 4

@Megan 

Hi Lori,

Unfortunately, we all are standing at the same place where we were 2 days ago.

These is no change in payment procedure despite we all raised the issue. I am sure a lot more still did not marked their complaint here, despite facing same issue. The numbers of complaint will increase day b day and then have to look for the other options if this issue did not solved by DropBox team at the earliest.

So please act fast, before we have to look for other option, despite not prefer to do that.

thanks,

V Khanna

@Gavin Fernandes @kiranrajagopal @prathz79 @abgupta122

kiranrajagopal
Explorer | Level 4
No response from dropbox yet.. I had chatted with their executive few days back.. He said he was aware of the situation but didnt offer any solution
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    tarunpande Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Springproind Explorer | Level 3
    rajkamdar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?